Monday, February 09, 2015

Week 5 Winter League Game

I’m falling behind on my winter league games.  Heck, we’ve got another one tonight, in fact.

But last week…

As I may have mentioned, we are now to the point where we are playing A league teams, and we were in B last year.  So the level of play is much better than what we normally do.  I wasn’t expecting much out of us last week, so I was pleasantly surprised when we got a 15-9 score.  And I felt the game was actually closer than that because we had quite a few long points where ultimately, they wound up scoring.

And it was a fun game.  Yes, we were in to it, but at the same time, there was no nastiness coming from either side.  It was a good, spirited game, which I really needed.

Personally, I got opened a couple of times to get the disc, even successfully passing it on one of them.  The other, my defender got the hand block.  And I did get scored on once.  So about normal for me overall, but I at least touched the disc.

I also finally carpooled with a couple of friends, which added to the fun, especially when we got stuck in traffic.  There was a bad accident coming home, and we didn’t find out about it until it was too late.  But we were able to chat for longer, so it was fun.

No comments: