Monday, February 10, 2014

Disconnected

I got a taste of no TV and limited internet for a couple of days last week.

My roommate was actually the first to notice, and sure enough when I got home, I couldn’t connect to the internet.  Our router was down, and it meant we had no internet or TV.

Of course, I do have my iPhone these days, so I was still able to jump on a little bit, although it sure seemed to move slowly at home, so I didn’t want to do much surfing.  And thanks to On Demand and shows on the internet, I was able to catch the TV I missed as well.

But we were down for two days while a new router got shipped to us.  Ironically, Thursday night was my ultimate Frisbee game this week, but it got rained out.  Not that I tried to go since I was coming down with a 48 hour cold.  Seriously, I felt lousy Thursday and Friday but great on Saturday and yesterday.

So what did I do Thursday night?  I read.  I got an entire book read on Thursday.  It was kind of nice, and I can’t remember the last time that happened.


Of course, it meant I didn’t wind up posting anything here last week.  But it gave me a great topic to talk about today.

2 comments:

Jess@Fairday's Blog said...

Isn't it strange when we lose the internet and tv connection? We kind of go back to the way things were before (except we wonder when we will have connection again with the outside world). ;) Glad you got a book read!

Mark Baker said...

It is a very strange feeling. And I grew up in a world before internet. Amazing how life has changed so much in the last couple of decades.