Thursday, December 05, 2013

Wonderful Thanksgiving

I got to spend 5 full days with my family for Thanksgiving.  It was absolutely wonderful.

Naturally, we did the traditional Thanksgiving on Thursday.  My brother and sister-in-law hosted, and I got to make a cheesecake for one of our desserts.  My sister-in-law’s dad and step-mom were there as well.  As a family, we also went to the beach on Saturday.  Unlike Southern California, it’s rare to find a sunny day without wind, but that’s what we got.  There was fog creeping around, but we were in warm sun, so it was a very pleasant day.  And we went out for walks a couple of days.

I also spent a couple of nights with my brother and sister-in-law, which was nice.  I enjoyed getting to be around them for an extended relaxed time.

Plus that meant more time with my niece and nephew.  Have I mentioned how incredibly cute they are?  I mean, seriously, they are adorable!  Nope, not biased at all.  My niece always enjoys getting to spend time with me, and my nephew seemed to like having me around, too.  Since he’s only 10 months old, I wasn’t quite sure how he’d react since I haven’t been up for a few months, but he passed with flying colors.

And I get to do it all again in just a few weeks for Christmas.  Yikes, it’s coming fast.  I’m glad I got my decorating done before I left, but I have got to get going on shopping.

No comments: