Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Unexpected Friend Visits

This last weekend, I got to visit with two friends unexpectedly.

The first was Matt, my friend from a decade ago who moved to Kentucky.  I hadn’t seen him in a little over 3 years, and in that time, he’s gotten married and had a daughter.  He and his family were in town for a week, so I got to see him and meet them.  They came over to the condo for an hour or so.  I would have loved for them to stay longer, but it was great to see them for any amount of time.

Then on Sunday just before I was going to get ready to go to ultimate Frisbee, Luke called.  He was passing through town, so we headed over to Cold Stone and hung out for about an hour.  He’s maybe half an hour away, but it was still great to catch up with him for a little while.

Other than that?  I’ve been working and that’s about it.  Nothing majorly excitingly going on.  Heck, I didn’t even leave my condo on Saturday, although now I kind of wish I had.  Sounds like I should see Thor before the next episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and I’m not sure that will happen this weekend.

No comments: