Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Ornament Signing

I’m falling behind in blogging again!

Almost a week and a half ago (see what I mean?), I went to a Hallmark ornament signing.  And the best part?  It was here in town at the store I shop at the most.

The artist was one I didn’t have many ornaments from, but I do have quite a few pieces that all the artists have worked on, so I still have a lot I wanted to get signed.  Well, 9, anyway.  I did manage to get them all signed, but I stayed all day to do it.

We were having some late summer heat, so it got hot outside the store where most of us were waiting.  But I learned about some fun Hallmark stuff from before I started collecting.  No, I’m not going to go out and buy it, but it is nice to know about it.

The store had some fun with a racing theme since the artist is known for his car ornaments.  And they had an old car for him to make his grand entrance at the beginning of the day.

He was a great sport.  He stayed late to sign everything people wanted signed at the end of the day.  And he took a late lunch as well for the collectors.


Overall, it was a long day and a hot day, but it was fun as well.  Now I can start thinking about the ornament I’ll buy at Debut in just a couple of weeks.

No comments: