Thursday, June 27, 2013

Summer League Game 4

Monday night was the fourth summer league game.  And we had another close game despite how it started out.

We decided to try a new strategy, and it pretty much failed.  (Our captain took full credit for his idea in the official recap.  It was quite funny, actually.)  The result was we only scored 4 or 5 points in the first half.

But then we went back to normal for the beginning of the second half, and we really turned it around.  We went on a 7-1 run and were actually ahead at one point.  Sadly, we couldn't keep it together after that, and we wound up losing 14-17 yet again.  Sigh.  It's time we won another game.  Really.

My favorite moment of the night was when I lopped it over a defended to our captain after he repeatedly told me not to do it.  I had to let it go since I had a high stall count on me, and he got it.  Actually, I was very confident in that throw even if he didn't think it would work.  I don't think he was happy until he caught it, however.  We even went on to score that point.

On the plus side, we were playing JV's team.  We've had a friendly rivalry going on for years.  As in when our teams play, we always guard each other since we're about the same speed.  He's just a great all around guy to joke with on the sidelines.  That made it well worth going down for even if we lost.

2 comments:

That Loud Redhead said...

It sounds like a fun game, despite the loss. That win will come, I feel it!!

Mark Baker said...

Thanks. I hope you're right.