Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Parental Visit

Friday was my birthday, and to help me celebrate, my parents came down for a visit.

They weren’t able to leave until Friday, so they got down here on Friday night.  By the time they got here, we didn’t have time for much else beside dinner, presents, and bed.

And Saturday, our weekend was off and running.  We spent most of the day at the Reagan Presidential Library.  I used to go regularly before they jacked up the prices.  That obviously isn’t keeping people away because it was crowded while we were there.  It was fun to be back.  Boy, so many of Reagan’s quotes sounded like they could have been said today.

We were there for a Disney exhibit, which was certainly fun.  However, I think I liked the one they did 12 years ago (the first time I went there.  Yikes!) better.

Saturday night, we headed over to my friends Joe and Erica’s house so my parents could finally meet them.  We had a great visit with them.

Sunday started with church followed by lunch with my friends Josh and Beth.

After lunch, we headed to a county park in the area and went for a hike.  While the day was windy, the wind was pretty much missing the canyon, so it turned out to be perfect weather for the hike.  From there, we came back to my condo for some slight work, dinner, a quick game, and The Amazing Race.

So as you can see, it was busy, but it was also lots of fun.  Monday, I was back to work and they were driving home.

No comments: