Saturday, October 06, 2012

Weekly TV Recap For October 6th


Once Upon a Time - Wow.  There was a lot to wrap my head around in that one.  I'm feeling a bit like season two of Lost with the Tailies.  Hopefully they take that in a new direction.  And I hope the wraiths aren't too bad as well.  Still, there is potential for lots of good storytelling here.

The Amazing Race - No one has really stood out to me in good or bad ways yet.  But this had the perfect example of why you don't help someone else.  It's a race, and the one team gave up their chance at $2 million because they were too nice and shared the location of the final clue.  And I seriously hope they get the weird food out of the way this early so we don't have to worry about it any more.

Partners - Slightly better than last week, although the gay character is still annoying.  I really do like their friendship, and that's why I would be drawn back to the show.

Dancing with the Stars - From here on out, it is going to be hard to lose anyone.  I don't know what else to say.  The dances are amazing, but someone had to go.

Castle - There were so many great little moments involving Beckett and Castle.  In fact, I think this may be one of their best episodes to date from a character point of view.  The mystery?  Fun like always but nothing really special.  And I'm wondering if Ryan and Esposito have worked things out that easily or if there will be more to that story.

Survivor - The same tribe keeps losing.  I'm wondering if they will be mixing it up soon or if this tribe will finish self-destructing.  Yes, they made the right choice, but Russell is next on the chopping block, as well he should be.

The Last Resort - I turned it off after 15 minutes.  I didn't really care about any of the characters, and I didn't want to start caring since I really don't have time for another show.

The Big Bang Theory - So many great lines, I really had a hard time stopping laughing.  Great episode, and I wonder where they will go from here with Penny and Leonard's relationship.

Elementary - Maybe I should have watched it closer, but I was a bit surprised by the ending.  Still, it feels like a rip off of Monk (which was originally a take off of Holmes), only Monk was better.  I'll give it another chance, but that will probably be it.

New TV on DVD Reviews:

No comments: