Saturday, August 04, 2012

Weekly TV Recap for August 4th

Thanks to the Olympics, I haven't made it through all of my shows from the week.  Ironically enough, it's the shows that will have new episodes next week that I haven't watched for the most part.  So next week will be just as long, probably, but with two episodes of a limited number of shows.


Political Animals - It was part way through the episode that I realized this is nothing but one big soap opera.  And a very liberal slant to it, too, at least as far as the politics go.  And yet I am hooked.  I feel so ashamed to say that since it's such a sudsy soap.  I don't see how it is going to be wrapped up in six episodes.  We're really halfway through the story?  I feel like we're just beginning a long, long road.

White Collar - Neal was really falling for that widow.  And I loved watching him trick her into safety near the end.  He may still be a bad boy, but he has come so far character wise, and I love it.  I'm sorry to see Ellen was shot.  Frankly, I wonder why they took so long to move here.  That's doesn't sound like the Wit-Sec of In Plain Sight.  Okay, both are TV shows, but I'd believe that over this any day of the week.

Covert Affairs - I know I want Auggie and Annie to get together, but his fiancee leaving him was so hard.  Not surprising, but so hard to watch.  Couple that with her sister leaving, and the ending was rather sad.  So, I'm curious where the main storylines go from here. 

Royal Pains - Talk about perfect black humor!  The bits with the rabbit were a scream.  Loved them!  Rest of the episode was fine, but that was great.  And I so love Evan and Paige together.  Have I mentioned that recently?

Necessary Roughness - Dani's relationship with Matt went to an unexpected place.  I wonder how they will work that out.  And I new I recognized the rodeo rider's wife from somewhere.  She was in Honey, I Shrunk the Kids the TV Show.  I liked seeing TK getting more mature.  Of course, how much is his addiction to pain killers a part of that.  I'm glad to see they'll be dealing with that now.

Melissa and Joey - I feel like this was a repeat of the theme of secrets of last week.  Yet it was so funny with so many great lines.  Definitely one of the best of the season so far.

No comments: