Friday, August 03, 2012

Running Update

I haven't blogged about it much, but yes, I am still running.  I have to be since, as you can see on my side bar, I've got a month until the Disneyland half marathon.

A month!!!

That's both excitement and a bit of fear in there.  I just hope I'm ready.

I ran 11 miles on Wednesday night.  I don't know how long it took me since I forgot to recharge my watch, but I'm guessing it was somewhere in the 2 hour neighborhood.  Probably around 2:10 based on where I was finishing up my 10 mile runs.  It was a struggle.  My legs were so sore and I was so tired when I was done.  Not that I could go to sleep when I went to bed that night.

But as tired as I was, there is always a great sense of accomplishment when I finish a run like that.  If you had told me in 2009, when I did the Disneyland 5K, that I'd be doing the half marathon, I would have told you you were crazy.  In fact, I think I might have said something like that to Sue Ann.  Yet here I am.  It still amazes me how far I've come and how much I enjoy running.

No comments: