Okay, so I really shouldn't be adding to my reading challenge list. I think these reading challenges will really hurt my chance to get to reading those books I have stacked up and waiting for me to read. But they also look like so much fun.
So here we go.
I am joining the Alice in Wonderland Challenge hosted by Jenny over at Take Me Away.
There are two parts. And yes, I am signing up for both parts.
Tasks: (Part 1)
1. Read and review Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll DONE!
2. Read and review Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll
3. Read and review Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin (publish date December 2009)
4. Read and review one other book from the list of "retellings and sequels" or "literature with allusions and influences" from the list here . If you know of a book that will work that is not on the list, you may use it, but please have it approved as part of the challenge first.
Tasks: (Part 2)
1. Watch and review Disney's animated version of Alice in Wonderland
2. Watch and review one live action (already released) movie version of Alice in Wonderland.
3. Watch and review Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (due for release in 2010)
4. Watch and review one other movie listed under "Film" here
Unfortunately, this does mean I'll have to rewatch the animated Alice in Wonderland since I watched and reviewed it at Epinions last year.
Not sure I'll get everything done in time to win first prize. I do know I will be visiting my library a little more to get these books and movies.
And this will give me more ammunition for the reread challenge I joined last week.