Thursday, August 06, 2009

Wrapped Up in Reviewing

I wish I could say I had some exciting reason for not updating my blog much, but I really don't. I've gotten caught up in reviewing the last couple of weeks. The last two Tuesday of July saw 5 TV on DVD releases from last season of shows I watched, so naturally, I had to review them.

Then, this weekend, Epinions started two new promotions. First, they are having a sweepstakes for first reviews. It's been a couple years since they did one of those, so I am trying to get as many first reviews posted as possible.

To top that off, there is a second sweepstakes for those who tweet about their reviews. The prize? An 8gig iPod touch. Since I've been tweeting about my reviews anyway, you'd better believe I am entering everything in this contest. I really want to win.

As a result, I've been trying to get as many reviews written as possible. Heck, I am at 7 posted (and 10 written) since the beginning of the month.

So, enough about reviews. What else is going on in my life.

No leads on a new roommate.

It's been getting cool at night. Like in the 60's, which is unusually cool for us in the summer. Maybe it will make the AC bill much less this month.

I shaved my head this weekend. First time I've done it in three years. I'd forgotten how much fun it is. And how much work it is, especially the first shave.

My boss has been gone this week. Haven't gotten quite the work done I needed to get done. On the plus side, I've been able to use his gate pass to shave 10 minutes off my commute. Well, except for this morning when I forgot until I has already passed by. Figured it was just as fast to go the long way around at that point. I hate it when I get into automatic pilot.

I'm up to running 2.5 miles toward the 5K (3.1 miles) I am running in 4 weeks. I hope to be trained to the point that running it and then spending the day at Disneyland won't be out of the question.

I think that's about it. I've got an ultimate game tonight, so I will be back with a recap tomorrow.

No comments: