Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Summer League Game 11

And so we come to my last summer league game of 2009. :(

It was Monday night. That's right, after a day at Hurricane Harbor, I had an ultimate game. But that didn't seem to bother me like I thought it would. I had plenty of energy when I was on the field. I never touched the disc, and truthfully, I never could get open to touch the disc. I got schooled at one point and beat hard to the end zone. However, when we were playing zone defense at one point, I did a fairly decent job of keeping my area closed down so they couldn't pass it there.

As a team, we didn't play quite so well. I got there very late, and we were tied 2-2. (Ironically, I got there about the same time I did last week, and we were still warming up.) We scored the first point I was there, then one or two more before they caught up and passed us again. We never did recover from that, finishing 10-15.

Sunday is the tournament down in San Pedro again. Starts at 9AM. Hopefully, it will be a good time. And I can't forget how my team did last year, making the finals after having won one game all season. Never give up until the final score is in.

No comments: