Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Amusement Parks R Us

So I've been spending lots of time at amusement parks recently. And getting paid for it, too.

Last Thursday, I spent the day at Disneyland with Angelique. We had to go to take advantage of the 3 days for $99. Had to use the first day before this coming Sunday.

It wasn't as crowded as it could have been, but was still plenty crowded. We did wait 30 minutes for Space Mountain, but we waited instead of using Fast Pass. Lines in California Adventure were considerably longer, so we used Fast Pass more over there.

Even so, we got in all the big rides. Didn't spend much time in Fantasyland, but we're going all weekend over Labor Day, so we can do that then.

The day started out overcast and cool. I thought we might be cold, but then the sun came out and we actually got quite warm.

But a day at Disneyland is always well worth it.

I haven't been trying to keep up with new pin releases, so I wasn't sure if there would be any I was interested in. And I bought at least six, possibly more. Yikes! Could have bought more, too, but I didn't.

Then yesterday, I went to Six Flags Hurricane Harbor with my roommate. I had a free pass, and he got in discounted. That was definitely more crowded than I expected it to be since local schools started yesterday. And the crowds weren't going away as the time came for the park to close, so we left about 40 minutes before close. But we hit all the towers at least once.

We had a blast going down the slides where they allow double tubes together. We got going so fast. And we found some people to go with down the funnel group tube so we'd go high up that cone. Daniel went on some of the speed slides, and I did go on one of the enclosed ones. Just not the ones where you drop straight down. Too much for this guy who hates heights.

It's been below 90 here (cold by my standards for summer). But it was warmer yesterday. Probably at least mid-90's. The water was cold at times, but there was only a slight breeze and you quickly warmed up in the sun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post you got here. It would be great to read something more concerning that topic.
BTW look at the design I've made myself Companionship in London