Thursday, January 30, 2003

This week's Thursday Threesome is brought to us by the past and, as always, The Back Porch.

Echoes: What sound do you hear from time to time that immediately draws up an echo from the past?
For me, it's music. I stick in Susan Ashton's second CD, and I'm back in the summer of '94 working for Windsor Water Works. I listened to that CD so much going back and forth for work. There's a song on Evie's first album (anyone even know who that is?) that my parents and I always associate with Hendy Woods Start Park where we spent a lot of time camping. (And I miss redwoods!) And of course the Christmas music I grew up with brings back memories as well.

Visions: ...and what about something you might see now and again that evokes a scene from days gone by?
Frankly, nothing really comes to mind. I guess that just means I tend not to see what I'm seeing, if that makes sense to anyone.

Memories: "Misty water color memories"? Is there a painting or a picture you like to look back on just to remember a certain time or place?
Well, looking through our convention books certainly brings back memories. And every time I see the picture I got for Mom in Jerusalem, I think of what I went through to get it. Like wandering the Old City by myself at dusk. And waiting for an hour in the wrong place for a bus back to the moshav (sp?) where we were staying. But, I made it back all in one piece and felt safe. Of course, that was 3 years ago.

No comments: