Monday, January 06, 2003

Man, I didn't post anything new all weekend?! Do we have lots of catching up to do.

Friday, when I got home, there was a message on the machine from Josh. He and Bonnie were heading to The Lion King on the giant screen. Naturally, I jumped at a chance to see it with them. We met Marcus for dinner, then the three of us headed to the movie. (Marcus didn't come.) As the preview for Aladdin next year comes up, Josh gets excited. That's his favorite, and he figures since last year we saw my favorite (Beauty and the Beast) and this year we were watching Bonnie's favorite, next year we got to see his favorite. Sounds good to me!

The movie itself was still good. And it didn't have nearly as much of that lazy background stuff that I spotted so easily on the giant screne B&tB last year. We talked for an hour afterwards, then headed out to Denny's and talk some more. It was lots of fun.

Saturday, met up with Mike and his roommate Mike at Manhattan Beach. The weather was perfect! High 70's, slight breeze. Tossed a frisbee around for a while, relaxed on the sand, took a sunset dip (and I mean that dip part literally. Just in and out.) Couldn't ask for a better day.

Yesterday, I tried to go play ultimate frisbee in the afternoon, but no one was there. :( O well. Wound up taking a nap while trying to finish up one of the new Disney Treasures DVD sets. Then went out to dinner at Wendy's with Seth after the evening service. Didn't get home until 9:45, so when Jeff called to discuss Alias at 10 (like I'd ordered him to.), I hadn't seen it yet. Of course, I remedied that before I went to bed. Great episode.

But the wind has picked up in the last 24 hours. Kept most of the office awake most of the night with the howling. Sounded like a tornado or something out there. Mostly died down today, although it did pick up again around lunch time. Have I mentioned I HATE wind yet this year? :)

I'd better get so I can get my laundry going (way over do) and be ready to call my family at a time that works well for them. Tomorrow we'll features stories on youth group music and phone bills. (How else do you expect me to remember what I haven't discussed yet?)

No comments: