Tuesday, May 13, 2003

I was a lazy procrastinator last night and didn't do my laundry. Got home and realized I had just enough time to rewatch The Matrix if I started right then. So I decided I could do laundry tonight, once I figure out about how I'm running errands tonight. You see, I need to go to Trader Joe's. Normally, I'd do that first, but I have no cash, therefore requiring a trip to the ATM before I go, which is right by the grocery store I normally use but wasn't planning to go to tonight because they seem to have discontinued my hand soap. Complicated much?

Pete and I were going to start swimming at lunch time again today. But then Pete couldn't find all his stuff, and it cooled off again. It's been overcast all day, and might have reached 70. What happened to my nice weather?

I feel another rant coming on....

As you know, I'm a writer at a group blog called Snark!fest. It seems like, in the last two weeks, the foul language factor has increased significantly. F and S words are now being used as all parts of speech. That's my biggest pet peeve. It doesn't bother me too much when it's said in conversation, but when someone feels the need to use it in their writing, which we're supposed to be able to think about and edit to "emphasize" a point, that's just wrong. Think about it. Do you really need to use those words? Especially when discussing a family show like 7th Heaven! Can't you come up with some other, cleaverer way to say you're happy or upset by something? Or is your vocabulary really that limited?

Yes, I'm aware that nobody there will see what I'm saying here. But I'm saying it anyway.

No comments: