Saturday, May 03, 2003

I finished The Mark on the Door last night. I thought I was tired, but when I crawled into bed to read, I kept going. And then I was so close to the end that I figured I might as well stay up and finish. so this morning, when I woke up, I start on Click Here for Muder. Looks like it's going to be as good as I hoped it would be.

So, looks like we're going to get rain showers off and on all day. It was raining when I got up this morning, the the sun broke through the clouds. Darkened up and started raining about the time I went to the caf for brunch (last one of the year). And I mean pouring! My jeans are still slightly damp. Now, the it's partly sunny again. Hey, this is supposed to be May in SUNNY Southern CA. Did someone miss the location when this weather was delivered?

Forgot to complain about my rent going up yesterday. Got a notice this week that the new rental company is raising my rent. Not that much, and I wouldn't be that upset about it, except they claim that I'll still be paying $100 under market value for the place. Let's fix it up, espeically the plumbing, then we'll start talking about whether or not that's it's market value. I find it hard to believe, however, considering the neighborhood, unless other places have gone up that much. This doesn't take effect until July 1st, so we'll see when it goes up after that. Anyone know how often they can increase the rent when you're on month to month? Or is there even a law that covers that?

No comments: