Friday, June 07, 2013

Fighting a Cold

It’s been a while since I had a cold period, and even longer since I had one that ended with a bad cough.  But that’s just what I’ve caught this time.  Last week, I was fighting off the cold, and this week I’m coughing like crazy.  Actually, it’s not that bad during the day, but as the sun goes down I can feel myself stopping up.

As a result, I haven’t been running much outside of ultimate Frisbee the last two weeks.  It’s frustrating because this is the big weekend with two mud runs back to back.  I really wish I could have gone on my long run last week and a run at all last night, but I’m trying to rest up to knock this things out.

I am feeling better each day, so hopefully I can get rid of it soon.


Of course, my lack of sleep certainly didn’t help.  From Saturday to Tuesday night, I was not able to fall asleep until sometime between 2 and 3 AM.  That made for a very tired Mark come Wednesday, one who almost didn’t come into work at all.  Fortunately, I have slept better the last couple of nights and am feeling better in that department.  Hopefully I can get enough sleep over the weekend even with everything else going on so I don’t wind up making myself worse.

No comments: