Thursday, July 28, 2011

Another Game, Another Loss

Tuesday night was this week's ultimate Frsibee game.  We lost.  Surprised?  Not me.

I showed up about 20 minutes late (you can tell how much I care right now), and I was the first sub we had.  We wound up with two more over the course of the night, which was about what the other team had, too.

This was our first repeat game: we played this team in the first week.  That time it was a very close game.  It's also their only win.  We got crushed this time, finishing at 17-5.

On the plus side, I got the disc several times and only threw it away once when I had it (although I had some of my usual sloppy throws).  So I did feel like I contributed to things positively.  It was definitely a team effort to lose that much, and no one was blaming anyone else, at least that I could see.

And, as was pointed out after the game, we all fought hard for every point.  No where did we just give up.

At this point, I'm not holding out much hope for a second half rally like last season or even very long at the tournament in a few weeks.  It would be nice to win a game or two.  Playing ultimate is fun, but winning is funner.

No comments: