Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Nightstand - May Edition

We've made it to the final Tuesday in May, which means it is time for this month's What's on Your Nightstand.

Sunday, I finished reading Magic and Other Misdemeanors, the fifth Sisters Grimm book by Michael Buckley.  The series may be aimed at kids, but I love the creativity.  This go around, Sabrina and Daphne are trying to track down the Wand of Merlin and other magical items stolen from their fairy tale neighbors while their grandmother attempts to pay the extremely high property taxes issued by Mayor Heart in her attempts to drive all the humans out of Ferrypoint Landing.  Climaxes seem to be a weakness in this series, and this book is no exception, but it hardly dampened my enjoyment of the book.

I am not 100 pages into The Crime Writer by Gregg Hurwitz.  This is a 180 degree switch as it is a darker book about a mystery writer who is being framed for murders himself.  He can't remember what happened during the first one thanks to a brain tumor, but can he prove he was being set up?  Even though it is much darker than I normally read, I am really getting caught up in the events of the story.

5 comments:

bekahcubed said...

How have I managed to NOT hear about the Sisters Grimm? They sound rather interesting (As if I needed more fodder for my reading lists!)

morninglight mama said...

A friend of mine has raved about the Sisters Grimm series, but I haven't picked it up yet. I've got to get it on my list!

Upstatemamma said...

I totally need to check out the Sisters Grimm series. That sounds right up my alley.

Mark Baker said...

I'm glad I could introduce you to a new series. I hope you enjoy it.

DanaB said...

Count me in those that added the Sisters Grimm to the bookstacks--thanks!

~~
http://mywindowswideopen.wordpress.com/