Thursday, May 27, 2010

May Ending Already?

Wow, I can't belive we're down to the final weekend of May.  But boy am I ready for a long weekend.

Granted, I've gotten a longer weekend than I expected.  They've shut down my office at work for recarpetting today and tomorrow, meaning I get five days off instead of the planned three.  Based on how lathargic I've been today, maybe it's a good thing I don't have any big plans for such a long time off work.

Yes, I've been keeping up with my running.  Did my three mile run twice last week.  I added about a mile or so to it this week.  Tomorrow morning, I'm meeting up with a buddy to run first thing in the morning.

I've been talking to some friends who have played in the men's league for ultimate Frisbee the last few summers, and they actually make it sound okay.  Obviously, it will depend on which team I'm on, but it sounds like it won't be nearly as bad as I thought when I got that notification last week.

Last week, one of the maintenance guys for my complex did some work on the pipes.  Apparently, I was leaking down into the garage below me.  It's mixed now, fortunately.

And I have finished with my list of books for Spring Reading Thing!  Okay, so maybe I still have one to go, but I am going to give it a few weeks to see if I can get an autographed copy or not.  If the author doesn't have any signings set up, I'll just get a copy from Amazon or Barnes and Noble or something.  Not sure if I will have it this Spring or not, but it will be read by early summer.  For those of you keeping track (which is most likely just me), this is the first time I have ever finished my reading list for one of these things.  Granted, I usually make a list so long there is no way I could ever get through.  I purposely kept it smaller this time, and it seems to have worked.

I feel like there is something major I am missing I wanted to blog about.  I'll probably remember in the middle of dinner or something.  If I do, I'll come back and make another post, I guess.

No comments: