Friday, September 09, 2005

Where Did My Summer Go?

*Double checks calendar.* Sure enough, fall doesn't officially start for another week and a half. So what happened to my summer weather?

Last weekend, it was high nineties. It was actually fun to be at Hurricane Harbor most the day (I was cold for a little while in the early evening.)

Today it was overcast and foggy. (And yes, I may live in LA, but I do know what fog is.) Clouds never did go away, and I bet it never hit 80 all day.

I know some people who are thrilled to be done with the heat of summer. But I'm not quite there. Of course, it will make my electric bill much better next month. Looking forward to that!

And for some reason, I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year. Yes, moreso then previous years, which is really saying much. I can't wait to decorate and listen to Christmas music and all that kind of fun stuff. But since I am getting some new Christmas CD's when they come out in a couple weeks, guess I won't have to wait too long.

Another reason I know summer is going is because of my skin. I have very dry skin, and recently the bad spots have really been dry. Fall is when it is at it's worst for me, so I've known all week summer was going.

No comments: