Friday, September 02, 2005

Timing is Everything

I'm going to depart for talking about my boring life today. (Everyone rejoices.) Instead I'm going to rant about a political issue. (Everyone clicks away.) Still here? Good. Cause this is something I have to get off my chest.

For the last month, Cindy Sheehan has been camped outside Bush's ranch in Crawford demanding a second meeting with him. While I disagree with her in every way imaginable, that's not what this post is about.

This week, she and her supporters have left on a cross country bus trip to drum up support for withdrawing the troops from Iraq. While I think that is the most idiodic idea imaginable right now, that's not what this post is about.

Earlier this week, our country was hit by a hurricane. A major city is flooded and destroyed. There is looting. People are dying. This is the worst natural disaster I can remember in my lifetime. Possibly the worst one to hit our country in most people's lifetime.

Doesn't it seem heartless for people to be crossing the country on busses trying to gain support for an anti-war message right now? Yes, the majority of us are living our lives like normal. But my normal life isn't leading rallies for or against any political cause.

Now while I disagree with what these people are saying, I'm not saying they shouldn't say it. But waiting a couple weeks would seemed the best thing to do PR wise right now.

No comments: