Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Memes - Day One

So, let's play catch up on some of these, shall we?

First up, word association.

  1. Exhibit:: Museum
  2. Evolution:: Lie
  3. Loser:: Winner
  4. Hypnotic:: Suggestion
  5. Unlikely:: Paring
  6. Interrupt:: Conversation
  7. Ambivalent:: I really don't care
  8. Rise and fall:: of Rome
  9. Indian:: Burn
  10. Prophecy:: Revelation


Now, I've been tagged by Aleta to answer some questions about my reading. Since the idea is to pass it along, hey Faith, Chris, John, Matt, Jeremiah. You're it!

(I think I covered most of this yesterday, but let's see, shall we?)

How Many Books Do You Own?

I'm sure I have at least a couple hundred. Some are in my office, but most are at home. And there are plenty in the garage.

What is the Last Book You Bought?

I bought about half a dozen books at Half Price books last Friday. I got three Carolyn Hart books, two Douglas Adams, and the first figure skating mystery, On Thin Ice.

What is the Last Book You Read?

Last night, I finished All Rivers to the Sea by Bodie and Brock Thoene.

Name five books that mean a lot to you.

That's hard. It goes without saying that the Bible is on my list, so I won't list it.

The Gatehouse Mystery because it's my favorite Trixie.

Fatal Fishes by Sandy Dengler because she sent me the manuscript after the book didn't get published.

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. There's something magical about that Narnia book.

Little Pilgrim's Progress. I spent a year reading nothing but this book over and over again when I was in elementary school. I really, really need to reread it.

The Bronze Bow. This is a powerful story set during the time of Jesus. Still blows me away. (And Elizabeth George Spear's other books are close seconds.)

No comments: