Monday, February 21, 2005

Coming Out of the Closet

Ok, I have a confession to make. I'm looking for a new job.

Don't get me wrong, I love Master's. But I've been here a long time. Probably too long. I'm doing the same job as when I started. And the pay is horrid. So it's time to look around and try to improve my career.

Of course, this should come as no surprise to anyone reading my blog for the last couple months. I'm sick of the roommate shuffle and especially burned out with that right now.

You know that opportunity I was talking about about 5 weeks ago? I interviewed at Princess Cruises. Didn't go anywhere.

Monday night, on a whim, I put my resume on Monster. I've been getting e-mails and phone calls since then. All from head hunter companies. I've got an appointment with one of them tomorrow.

Seeing as this is the worst kept secret around Santa Clarita, I just told my boss. Seemed to take it ok. I'm not worried that he'll react badly. But I wanted him to hear it from me and not someone else. Like an potential employer. Or a friend walking in here and telling everyone accidentally.

This will mean major changes. Like less internet time. And no more caf meals. But I think it's time I grew up a little.

No comments: