Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Trip Home

Wow, it's been way too long since I talked about my life (or much of anything else around here). Time I started doing some blogging again.

So, I went home for Easter.

Oh, you want to know a little more about it? Okay.

The college gives us a half day off on Good Friday every year, so I left at noon and headed north. I hit the Bay Area in time to meet Donald for dinner. My parents were going to something that night, so I wound up going with Donald to his church's good Friday service. Not my original plan, but I enjoyed it. And that meant I got into Santa Rosa about the normal time.

Saturday was spent pretty much getting ready for Easter dinner. That included me making cheesecake. We did have time to go for a walk around Spring Lake, a reservoir in downtown.

Sunday started with an Easter church service. After ward, we spent a couple minutes talking to my senior English teacher who started going to my parents' church about 6 years ago or so. It was fun talking to him again. His class was by far my favorite that year. And considering it was last period, that's saying something. (And if you've heard me talk about Mr. Bribiescas, this is him).

Then it was home to get ready for Easter lunch. We had some family over for the afternoon, and it was a nice time to really visit and catch up. It did help that the food was good and the cheesecake wonderful.

I actually took Monday and Tuesday off work, so Monday was a play day. We went out to Armstrong Redwoods. The weather out there was perfect. And we always love spending time in the redwoods. We then drove a little ways down the coast, which turned out to be a bad idea. We didn't get out and walk since it was howling windy out there. Should have stayed in the redwoods.

Speaking of wind, I had winds driving both directions, but it was worse coming home Tuesday. I think it was a tail wind at least, but every time I stopped for gas, I just about got blown over. I'm very thankful it wasn't blowing across the highway because that would have made trying to stay on the road bad.

I got to see Donald again for lunch on the way home Tuesday. Unfortunately, I only got to talk to Heather long enough to say "hi" since she was singing in their church's choir on Friday night and had to work Tuesday. Next time.

While in the car, I listened to Mark's Story by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins. Take my advise and skip it. While I enjoyed the Left Behind books, this one was horrid. There was no character development and long passages of the book were nothing but long quotes from the Bible. I have no problem reading the Bible, but that's not what I want when I sit down to read (or listen to) a novel.

No comments: