Saturday, August 18, 2012

Weekly TV Recap for August 18th


Political Animals - A wasted episode, and it's the penultimate episode, too.  I saw the big "twists" coming long before they did.  At least someone is talking to the fiancee.  Wondering how many surprises there will really be in next week's finale.  (And is it series or season?)

Stars Earn Stripes - Yes, I got pulled into this one.  A bit too much rambling at times, but a very fun show.  I was glad they went with the two who couldn't complete the challenge as the two to potentially be eliminated.  It was the only fair way to go, but I did feel sorry for them.  Just because they had trouble swimming meant their time on the show was almost up.  I think I'll enjoy the one hour episode more next week.

White Collar - I was taking Neal at face value until that finale scene.  I wonder if Peter was right and he played everything beautifully or if he really was trying to do the right thing.  I certainly liked those scenes at the end and how they were played.  And Diana broke up with Christy?  That's a shock.  I wonder where they are going with that.

Covert Affairs - Things almost felt back to normal.  It was funny how both Annie and Auggie were under going evaluations.  Those pictures at the end are worrisome, as is Annie continuing the Simon op on her own.  Meanwhile, I'm wondering what they are doing with Arthur and Joan.  I was liking them as a happily married couple for a while, but they are in for rough times, too.

Royal Pains - So they've already written out one of Hank's new love interests?  And he's fighting with Boris now.  That can't be good.  I've got to say, I love how they are developing Dr. Sacani.  I wasn't sure about him at first, but he's a great recurring character.  How he and Divya interact is so cute.  Not sure I see them as love interests, but I like them together.

Necessary Roughness - They definitely know the truth about TK now.  I wonder how that will play out.  And I also wonder if this is the last we've heard of the other receiver.  I liked him and the side he brought out in TK.  However, I do respect the reason he walked away.

Melissa & Joey - I think that my favorite part of the episode was Ryder's hickey.  And I can't believe I just typed that sentence.

Burn Notice - We've got a name for the shooter and another dead body.  I wonder if the sniper who killed Nate also got the guy at the end of the episode.  And they got me with the real spy.  I never would have guessed it was the woman.

Suits - I did not see that ending coming.  Holy cow, that was hard to watch.  I figured they were going to kill off Mike's grandma some time, but for some reason I wasn't expecting it now with everything else going on.  And the case of the week?  That was definitely an after thought.

Wipeout - So what does it say that only two or three of the contestants on this returning Wipeout seemed familiar to me?  Guess I should pay more attention.  Or just stop watching the show.

No comments: