Thursday, December 01, 2005

Thursday Threesome and Word Association

Catch up time again.

We'll start with the easy one. I just have one word association to do.

  1. Stuffed:: Turkey
  2. Armstrong:: Redwoods
  3. Bruise:: Fight
  4. Content:: Objectionable
  5. Musical:: Theater
  6. Assistance:: Help
  7. Scrambling:: to get ahead
  8. Battle:: Scars
  9. Extended:: Edition
  10. Discount:: Sale


Now comes two weeks worth of Thursday Threesomes from The Back Porch.

Onesome: The-- Which is the Christmas movie for you? "It's a Wonderful Life"? "Frosty the Snowman"? "Miracle on 34th Street"? Do you have a favorite you just love to see each year?
I think I have three that top my list. "A Charlie Brown Christmas," "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" (the cartoon, not the live action version), and George C. Scotts version of "A Christmas Carol."

Twosome: Polar-- bears seem comfortable in the cold and snow; how about you? Is snow a welcome pause for you? ...an annoyance? ...or perhaps something for 'people living elsewhere'?
Most definitely something for people living elsewhere. I can't stand cold, so I don't think I'd do well in winter weather.

Threesome: Express-- Have you ever found yourself in the Express line at the store, but only realized that after you had loaded something like thirty items onto the belt, were paying by check and were planning on using coupons?
Here you can use checks and coupons in the fast lane. Drives me crazy. I have gotten into the express line with one or two extra items, but never with 30.

And this week's.

Onesome: Christmas-- "Christmas is coming; the goose is getting fat..." Nope, I'm not going there, not by a long shot! How about: Even though we just finished up the Thanksgiving meal, what dish are you looking forward to most at Christmas time? ...and yes, Christmas cookies count!
Pumpkin pie, which we didn't have at Thanksgiving. And stuffing. Let's not forget yams and apples. I think it's a good thing it's lunch time.

Twosome: Elf-- Who is your favorite Christmas Elf? Mom? Dad? Will Farrell? That guy who helps you at the tree place each year?
I really can't say I have a favorite Christmas elf. Unless you counted my job's policy of letting us off for at least a week every year so I have time to spend with family.

Threesome: Gifs-- How about your favorite bit of Christmas artwork? Is it a painting? ...a cartoon? ...your special ornament? ...the tree in the town square?
I have several great Christmas ornaments, including one of a nutcracker painted in Bavarian colors. Got it when we were in Germany and I just love it.

No comments: