Thursday, August 18, 2005

Quick Update

I'm trying to finish up a few things before I leave, so this will be quick.

I'm on my way to my parents' for the memorial service this weekend. I'll be spending tonight with Donald and Heather and picking up my brother and sister-in-law at the airport before I arrive. services are Saturday.

Considering all the things we're trying to arrange, this has gone rather smoothly on my end. I'm sure things will be crazy in Santa Rosa, although it sounds like things are under control.

Got a call Monday from a guy looking for a place to live. He was going to come by that night, but he called an hour later to say he couldn't make it after all. Never heard any more from him.

I started listening to a little talk radio on my drives to and from work. Just wasn't in the mood for music. Most of the hosts and callers I agreed with 100%, so I really wasn't learning much. But a few of the liberal callers were jaw droppingly stupid. They must screen for the worst offenders because I know there are better arguements out there then what I was hearing. For example, did you know that it's the GOP's fault that Democrat strongholds like Detroit are in such poor repair? Seriously. It's because the GOP is a bunch or racists that no one can vote for them and therefore their only choice is the Democrats. Never mind that the Democrats are the ones who are in control there election after election.

Well, I have some stuff I need to finish up and I wanted to be walking out the door right now. Be back next week. Behave while I'm gone.

No comments: