Saturday, January 14, 2012

Weekly TV Recap for January 14th


Once Upon a Time - It was so good to have this show back.  I've really missed it.  I thought I'd be intrigued to find out Rumplestilskin's back story, but actually I was less intrigued after the first flashback.  I wasn't to know what was going on in Storybrooke.  But at least they've given him one.  So, who is the editor of the paper really?  And the Storybrooke Daily Mirror?  How perfect is that.  I had the episode pegged until Mr. Gold walked in at the end and said he'd planned the entire thing.  Interesting twist.  And I'm wondering if he's going to be friend or foe in the end.

Castle - Very fun episode.  I expected Ryan's reaction to Jenny's secret.  He did look so happy at the wedding (and how cool is it that Jenny is Ryan's wife in real life?)  Plus they actually had groomsmen and bridesmaids that weren't part of the regular cast.  Novel idea.  As for the murder, again it wound up no where near what I was expecting, but it was a very fun ride.  Some week, however, I'd love for them to have the killer be someone we've seen for more than two minutes.  That would be a twist I wouldn't see coming at this point.

Wipeout - True confession time, I semi-watched the episode and didn't blog about it right away, so my thoughts will be short.  Wonder Woman has always been my favorite superhero, so I was rooting for her briefly.  She made it further than I thought she would.

The Big Bang Theory - Both storylines were so funny.  Yes, I love Shamy, so I enjoyed that one more, but I do like Bernadette, so I enjoyed that story as well.  But the best scene?  Sheldon and Leonard talking while Sheldon was walking through the video game.  So many classic lines, although my favorite was Leonard turning down the virtual drink because he was going to play Grand Theft Auto later.

Chuck - I've got to confess I didn't particularly care for this episode.  The sub-plot of Morgan and Alex cheating when they were broken up wasn't that great.  And they cheated with Jeff and Lester just to drag that out another episode, although those moments were my favorite.  Yes, it did introduce the last big bad, but that's about all I can say for it.  Yes, I laughed some, but overall it was very disappointing.

Nikita - This show, on the other hand, was awesome!  So many plots moving forward.  Wait, I think I said that last week.  Well, it's true again this week.  How the writers can draw so many things together and make it so intriguing week after week just amazes me.  I did not like the cliffhanger, and I hate even more that I have to wait three weeks to see how it comes out.  But it gives me something to look forward to on Fridays once Chuck is over.

New TV on DVD Reviews:

No comments: