Saturday, August 21, 2010

Weekly TV Recap for August 21st

Another week of great episodes.

Melissa & Joey - Believe it or not, I used to watch a lot of sitcoms. But it got to the point where I wasn't finding too many that didn't deal almost exclusively with sex and double meanings. I'm a huge Melissa Joan Hart fan, so I had to give her new sitcom on ABC Family a try. And, it's filled with talk about sex and double meanings. But I did find it funny, especially her sparring with Joey Lawrence. I'm planning to keep watching, at least for now.

White Collar - Talk about an episode designed to tug at your heart strings. Man, from the first moment I saw that mother and her kid, I wanted her to go free. But the interesting path along the way with the poker game was tons of fun. And I'm quite curious to know what that tape with Kate on it is all about. I couldn't quite understand what all she said, but they really piqued my interest with that.

Covert Affairs - I kept having to remind myself that the chief of staff wasn't an innocent victim in the proceedings because I started to feel very sorry for her. But really, she had to deal with the consequences of her actions in the end just like the Senator and his wife did. I'm just glad that the Annie's brother-in-law was only hiding a lost job. I'd like at least one person's love life on that show to not be complicated.

Wipeout - I loved the quote they had during the opening of the show. "Giving birth is easier than this." And I must say I am enjoying the show so much more now that it is on only one night a week.

Psych - Shawn and Gus in 30 years (or so). That episode was a hoot. I knew the old police chief wasn't involved in anything shady. But the real fun was watching Shawn and Gus interacting with the retired police detectives who were them in 30 years. Just could not stop laughing.

Burn Notice - There were some great lines in the show tonight like, "Insanity is one of our specialties," or "Beach is that way. Go stick your head in the sand." But that final scene had my heart racing. I knew nothing would happen to Fi, but I can't wait to see next week's episode to see how they are going to leave us hanging for a few months. Fortunately, they've already announced that part two of the season will air starting in November.

Royal Pains - I have no idea where they are going with Dr. Peck. Is she still playing them or is she becoming a nice character? And while we're on the questions, is Divya really going to go through with her wedding? They'd better figure out a way to keep her around because I love her character. And what is the Lawson father up to? I know it's nothing good that will impact the characters for the rest of the season, but what is it? It's going to be a long wait until part two of the season airs in January.

No comments: