Monday, August 14, 2006

Not Centered on Health

That's right. This post is not going to be all about my health. Especially since there's not much new to report.

So I'll tell you what I did this weekend instead.

Saturday, I made a last minute decision and went to see Canyon Theatre Guild's production of Fiddler on the Roof. I wasn't going to go, was going to go, wasn't going to go...then I went. And I'm really glad I did.

This was the first time I'd seen the play. Granted, I was in it when Master's did it back in 1999, but that hardly counts, right? Anyway, I really enjoyed it. And I was surprised how much I remembered very clearly since I hadn't seen/listened to it much since then.

But here's what made me very glad I went. Turns out I knew two people in it. Unfortuantely, one of them normally plays the middle daughter but her understudy got to play that part for that performance. The other one was in it at Master's. Got a chance to talk to them afterwards. All in all, a great afternoon.

Then, I had something to drop off at Kurt and Kellie's. I hadn't thought about the fact that it was around dinner time until I was on my way over. They had, and invited me out to dinner. We went to Chi Chi's, which was lots of fun.

Donald and Heather were in town this weekend for a wedding, so they came over after church on Sunday. We played Apples to Apples then watched the outtakes from the Alias season sets. It was great to be able to spend so much time with them.

Then there's the bittersweet news. After 10 months at Epinions, looks like I will be leaving. I know, I know, you've heard that before. But this time I don't have much of a choice. They are changing their policies to prohibit cross posting of reviews. Well, there's no way I'm going to write two different reviews for each item. And there's even less of a chance I'm going to leave a top 100 position at Amazon for another site.

There are things about the community I will miss. I've made some friends there and I enjoy rating reviews. However, the thought of not trying to take my huge number of reviews at Amazon and make them work at Epinions is incredibly freeing. I didn't realize how much the desire to get things cross posted was taking the fun out of my hobby.

They're still working on the new policy, and I'm going to see how it all shakes out before I decide what to do with what I currently have there. But unless something drastic changes, I won't be posting anything new and won't be spending much if any time there in the future.

No comments: