Sunday, April 21, 2002

Good evening. Time once again for the Sunday Op-Ed, brought to us by Chris.

1) The Rock
Going with the first thing that popped into my head. What is Alcatraz? I am right, there was a movie about that place a few years back called The Rock, right? It's funny. I lived an hour from San Fran. most of my life, yet I've never been there. Would really like to go sometime. One of the places I'd take the Bob-Whites if I ever wrote the story set in San Fran. is Alcatraz. And I'd leave them there overnight. :) (Yes, the second thing to pop into my head was Who is playing The Scorpion King?)

2) New York
What is a place I'm totally in love with even though I've hardly ever been there? I don't know what it is, I love New York. Anything about it. It probably has to do with the fact that The Hardy Boys, the Nancy Drew I read growing up, and Trixie Belden series are all set in New York. Or maybe it's just because NYC has such a fascinating history. Either way, I can't get enough of reading about the state, but especially the city.

3) Computers
What can I no longer seem to live without? Hard to believe 10 years ago I'd hardly used a computer. Now, I'm coming into work on weekend to get on the internet since I don't have my computer at home hooked up. Of course, an hour or two a day seems to satisfy me. But still, when I was sick earlier this month, I felt lost being gone so long without it.

No, Chris, I didn't look at your answers (esp. for number 1) before I did this. Obviously, great minds think alike. :)

Yesterday, I did nothing. Literally. I went home, and played Super Nintendo for a few hours. Then I watched TV. And then went to bed. Didn't even shower.

Today has been the first nice day we've had in a week. Temp just right, slight breeze. If every day were like this, I'd be content.

Went to a book signing at Crime Time this afternoon for Earlene Fowler. Stayed much later then I intended to. But she's a wonderful person, and I loved getting her stories about publishing. I've only read the first in her series. Can't wait to read more. And I have no excuse now that I have books two and three.

New Alias tonight. Looks good!

No comments: