Saturday, September 29, 2012

Weekly TV Recap for September 29th


Dancing with the Stars - Yes, I'm watching again.  How can I not with this line up?  And I'll admit I'm a little surprised at the scores right off the bat.  Either the judges are being pickier or the stars have lost some of their touch or both.  There was certainly one who didn't belong in the pack, but Pamela Anderson is gone already.  Now that the easy elimination is out of the way, the rest is going to be hard.

Partners - There is something about this show I liked even though two of the main characters are gay.  I maybe give it another chance.  One of the characters is annoying enough I might not keep it up if he doesn't improve soon.

Castle - I am so happy this show is back!  Okay, so this wasn't that much of a typical episode, but I did enjoy the bits of humor near the beginning.  And it is nice to finally have Beckett's mother's murder solved.  Now, if we can figure out how to get him convicted, all will be great.  Not that I want it to happen quickly since Jack Coleman makes a great villain.

Survivor - Another easy choice, although the other chick will be right behind.  Why do I feel like the contestants have never seen this show before?  They are acting like newbies.

Big Bang Theory - I might be a little hard on season premiers just because it's been so long since a new episode that I expect greatness from them.  Also the USA network shows usually hit them out of the park.  Having said that, I did enjoy this episode, although it wasn't one of the best.  Still, so great lines, and it's nice to see them continuing stories they started last season and not resolving everything right away.

Last Resort - Yeah, I gave into the hype and watched it.  Frankly, I was underwhelmed.  Too much hype?  It felt by the books and completely predictable.  I'm debating about giving it until next week or just cutting ties with it now.

Elementary - The first show I planned to start for sure this year, and it was enjoyable.  I feel like I'm the only one who thinks so, so it probably won't last long.  Starting this show now with the popular BBC version on the air is probably actually fairly stupid for that reason.  I know enough to know it isn't a traditional portrayal, but I kind of like it.

No comments: