Monday, March 10, 2008

I'm Tired

I didn't need Daylight Saving Time to do myself in this week. I did it all by myself. (Although losing that hour certainly helped.)

Frankly, it all started with Disneyland last weekend. I still haven't recovered from that.

You see, Saturday was my birthday. And Mom and Dad came back into town Thursday to help me celebrate.

Friday night, we went to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat down at Glendale Centre Theatre. We really enjoyed it.

I spent Friday night with them in their trailer, then Saturday morning we got up and got ready to leave. That's right, they headed north on my birthday. They had some stuff they needed to be back for Sunday night. They gave me five books and a CD for my birthday. Now to find time to read them.

But it worked out well that they had to leave Saturday because that meant I could go down to Costa Mesa for a Meet and Greet hosted by Epinions. Basically, it's a chance for Epinions staff and members to get together and hang out in person. It started at 3:30 PM, and I left at 1 AM. And, believe it or not, I wasn't the last one to leave. Needless to say, I had fun. And I finally got to meet Andy, one of the two staff members I've dealt with a lot. He was out sick when I made it to headquarters in December. Garrett was there as well, although I didn't wind up spending that much time talking to him. In fact, there was a group of members at the other end of the table I didn't get to spend much time talking to either, which was dissappointing. I would have liked to gotten to know them a little better, too.

Thanks to the time change, I didn't get home until after 3AM. In fact, I think this is the first time I have been awake when the time officially changed. I didn't set an alarm, but my roommate woke me at 9:20 with his alarm. I could tell I wasn't going to go back to sleep, so I got up eventually as well. Spent the day doing laundry and catching up on TV. Plus I went to see Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day, which I really enjoyed. Then, last night, we had a GAP get together at church.

So, as you can see, my weekend has been one thing after another. And the next couple of days aren't much better. In about a week, I will colapse from everything going on. Fortunately, I'll be able to do that because my life will finally have slowed down.

4 comments:

GG said...

Who bogarted all your time? We'll do it again sometime. Thanks for coming.

Mark Baker said...

I was having a great time with Opalman and his wife, and the evening just got away from us.

Next time.

Anonymous said...

Mark, you cool dude, thanks for placing my blog on the list of places you visit. I'll add you on my blog's regular's list.

Thanks! :)

Mark Baker said...

You're welcome, and thanks for the link back.

I look forward to getting some recommendations from you.