Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thursday Threesome for December 13th

That time again. Brought to us this week by decked halls and The Back Porch.

Onesome: 'Tis-- Hmmm... More or less an older contraction? Do you have any semi-archaic words you use regularly? (Yes, Laurie, "allegro" would qualify...)
I'll throw "'tis" around every so often myself. That's the only one that springs to mind.

Twosome: the-- heck you say? Okay, how about a 'regional' saying you're known to be fond of? You know, the one the relatives just don't get when you say it on the phone... Sure, slang will work !
I'm afraid I just can't think of any. I'm not sure if "My bad" was just a California thing or not, but I really tried to avoid that one, anyway.

Threesome: Season--ings for the season? Mulled cider? Peppermint bark? Apple pie? What do you look forward to in the Winter months?
Peppermint in just about any variety. Though I haven't tried peppermint bark before. Which reminds me. I should look for Peppermint ice cream before it is gone for the year.

2 comments:

Sya said...

I don't think "my bad" is just a Californian thing, although if said often enough, I think one would start sounding like a toddler.

Mark Baker said...

Well, I guess it wasn't logal then.

Personally, I just feel that it doesn't truly apologize.