Monday, July 06, 2015

My First Business Trip

I know, I know, I didn’t update at all last week.  That’s because I was out of state for part of it and recovering for the rest.

Last Sunday, I flew to Atlanta, Georgia, on business.  I was visiting several clinics to help with inventory, and I didn’t come back until Wednesday.  I was working most of that time, too, since I was visiting 5 clinics there.  But it was great to meet the center managers I work with on a regular basis face to face.  Plus I got to meet some other people who have just been names to be before.  Oh, we talk on the phone or e-mail, but this is the first time we’ve met face to face.

Tuesday night, I was able to meet up with some Trixie friends for dinner.  Marnie, Susan, and Deanna were a delight to hang out with for an evening.  But I knew they would be – Trixie friends are the bestest!

And I was able to snag a couple of hours out at Stone Mountain, outside of Atlanta.  It was beautiful out there, and I wish I’d had more time to fully explore it.  The carving in the side of the mountain was especially impressive, and it makes me really want to go visit Mount Rushmore.

I got home late Wednesday night, but I only had to go to the office on Thursday since we were off on the 3rd for the holiday.  Not a bad work week, especially since it was something different.

No comments: