Tuesday, March 24, 2015

St. Pat’s Hat – Day Two

Sunday, I was back at it again for the second day of the ultimate Frisbee tournament.  The day started off foggy.  Even when the fog burned off, it wasn’t quite as warm, although when we were running around on the field, it felt just as warm.

We lost a member of the team or two, so we had fewer subs, which meant I wound up playing more on Sunday than I did on Saturday.  Its times like this I’m so thankful I run because I could do that.  10 years ago, I don’t think I could have played like I did.

We lost the first game of the day, which cemented us in the bottom bracket, and we then played two consolation games.  We won both of those!  While ultimate Frisbee is always fun, it is certainly more fun when you win.  That first game was my favorite since there were three guys on the team I could keep up with, meaning I wasn’t outmatched on defense.

It also meant I was getting open quite a bit on Sunday as well.  Sadly, I didn’t do much better passing it on.  I do so much better at pick up.  I guess I get more nervous when it counts for something, and I throw the disc behind the person.  Still, it was great to be part of the action and even better to win a couple of games.

We finished 9th out of 12 teams.  Not quite as good as the two years I was on back to back winning teams, but better than 12th.  I’ll take it.


No comments: