Thursday, May 08, 2008

Thursday Threesome for May 7th

Time for this week's Thursday Threesome, brought to us this week by Williamsburg, Virginia and The Back Porch.

Onesome: Fife-- Barney? ...a musical instrument? ...the number after 'four'? What came to mind when you saw this week's title?
The instruments used during the Revolutionary War and the set of Christmas ornaments I got at Trixie Camp in 2001 that have a fifer, drummer, and flag carrier (whatever they are called.)

Twosome: and--do you recall a painting of a fife and drum set with a flag? No? Maybe one of our American History majors can link it in...
I can picture it, but that's about all at the moment. Couldn't tell you who painted it or where I had seen it before. Update: Looks like kwizgiver found the one I was thinking of.

Threesome: Drum--lines? Do you love them? ...or do you even know they exist? I'm wondering if this is an "Eastern" thing...
Um, um...What a drum line? (That's my way of voting for an Eastern thing.)

No comments: