Thursday, January 05, 2006

Thursday Threesome Times Two

I'm going to do the final Thursday Threesome of 2005 and the first of 2006 all in one post. Feels like a time warp thing or something. Both weeks are from The Back Porch.

The first is brought to us by inconsiderate people. Or should that be automakers. Not that they drive me crazy, but well, see for yourself.

Onesome: Driving-- Hey, what are you driving this winter? Same old, same old? ...or was Santa very nice to you (and if so, please pass him/her along to the gang !)?
Still driving the same car I've had since November 2000, a Honda CR-V. Still love it, too.

Twosome: you-- Hmmm... If you could, and money were no object, what would you be driving? ...and sure: taxes, license, dealer fees, gasoline, tires, insurance, etc. would be covered by Santa!
Probably a CR-V. I'm not a car crazy guy and don't have a desire to have a fancy, expensive car.

Threesome: Crazy!-- ...and it's crazy, but we've made it through another year. Are you going to be doing any celebrating to ring in the New Year? Yes? What's going to be your way to say "Hello" to 2006?
I went to see Narnia a second time. First for my parents, however. Then we stayed up until midnight playing games. Wild party animals, I know.

Today's edition is brought to us by Texas.

Onesome: Hook-- Just to get us back in the swing of things after the holidays: when you're at home, where do your keys hang out, on a hook by the door? ...or do they have a special place? ...or do you find them wherever they landed the last time you walked in ?
On top of my dresser in my bedroom closet.

Twosome: 'em-- Do you use contractions like " 'em " in your daily conversations? ...or do people use a contraction or phrase that particularly bugs you past the point of rationality?
I don't use 'em, but I do use n't and 'll and others like that. And ain't is about the only contraction that drives me up a wall.

Threesome: Horns-- On the Horns of a dilemma: if you had only one movie you could nominate for the Academy Awards for 2005, which would it be? ...and why? The screenplay? ...the lead player(s)? ...the setting?
Anyone paying attention to my blog the last month knows the answer to this one. Narnia was by far my favorite movie of the year and I think it should be nominated. I know it won't be, but it should be. It was exactly what this Narnia fan wanted from the movie.

No comments: