Thursday, April 07, 2016

Out of State Author Signing

A week ago, I was in Studio City (which is in an area here in Los Angeles).

I headed down there after work (fortunately, I was against the worst of the traffic) because the Barnes and Noble down there was hosting an event for several out of state authors in town for a conference.  That included some authors I read, including a couple I’d never met.  How could I pass that up?

I thought there might be a formal talk, but there wasn’t.  And there didn’t seem to be a ton of people there, but it was fantastic.  I got to chat with authors about their books to my heart’s content.  And I am always up for talking to authors.  About the only author I didn’t really talk to was Diane Vallere, but she’s a local author so I can chat with her later.  Like this weekend at the LA Times festival of books.

One of the highlights for me was getting to talk to two of the authors on the Wicked Cozy Author blog.  I found the blog two years ago, and I’m on there every day.  I’ve read all of those authors’ books.  But I had yet to meet any of them face to face.  That was a thrill.

After the signing was over, a bunch of us went out for drinks and dinner.  Okay, so it was just dinner for me.  I was the only non-author at the dinner part of the night, and it was a blast just sitting there chatting.  I drove a group of them back to their hotel and then went home.

I was a truly fantastic night.  I’m so glad I was able to make it down for it.

No comments: