Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thursday Threesome for May 17th

This week's edition is brought to us by the movies and The Back Porch.

Onesome: Alien-- movies and paranormal horror stuff: your cup of tea? ...or did Mary Poppins just about take you to the limits on films.
I enjoy so sci fi, but if it gets too weird, I don't enjoy it. I have a fascination with horror, but don't actually want it most of the time because it scares me too much. And I do love Mary Poppins.

Twosome: versus-- ...related to some of last week's answers: Do you ever go to the movies versus staying at home and waiting to rent them or see them on the tube?
I find that when I'm home and want to watch a movie, I tend to stick with something I've bought. Of course, I own so many, that's rather easy. So I don't rent. And I only buy movies I know I like. So odds are if I miss it in the theater I don't wind up seeing it. If something is coming on TV I wanted to see, I will often record it or watch it right then. But first choice is always the theater.

Threesome: Predator-- pricing at the theatres: how are the prices locally for you? Can you afford an evening show and popcorn? ...or is it a matinee with a bottle of water smuggled in?
Fortunately, I'm not much of a snack person, so I'm not even tempted by the food in the theater. But the ticket prices are outrageous! It's now over $10 for an evening ticket. So I do try to hit the matinee when possible. But that's only a buck or two cheaper. Gotta love living in Los Angeles.

No comments: