Tuesday, October 25, 2005

See Dick and Jane

Saturday, when we went to see Serenity, there was a guy there passing out invites to see a preview of Fun with Dick and Jane. Normally, I'm not a Jim Carrey fan, but I was interested in seeing this film because they spent a week filming part of it at a former bank near my house. Frankly, I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not, but knew I'd have to spend the money to see it.

Naturally, a chance to see it for free was something I was interested in, so I jumped at the chance. Casey and I went down last night to see it.

We got there right as the deadline approached. They wanted us there really early, which was hard with eating dinner and working until quitting time. But we got down there and got in. The theater was packed, and we wound up high in the back.

And the movie was lots of fun. I laughed the entire way through.

Set in 2000, Dick is promoted to VP of communications just before his company stock tanks because of embezzlement. And Jane has just quit her job to stay home full time. After a few months of struggling to stay afloat, things start to get desperate.

I know, it sounds depressing, like a drama or something. Trust me, this is a very funny black comedy. It doesn't come out until right before Christmas, so you'll have to wait to see it. But when it comes out, trust me. It's well worth it.

No comments: