Monday, February 23, 2015

Disney for the Weekend

I know I didn’t post anything last week outside of the word association.  Honestly, I didn’t have much to post about.  But I had a blast of a weekend.

As you easily guessed from the title, I spent the weekend at Disneyland!  Saturday was the annual day where my alma mater has discounted tickets (even for alumni), so I was planning to go.  However, my parents decided to come down for an early birthday celebration, and go, too, so we took advantage of the discounted So Cal passes and went both days.

Saturday was spent in Disneyland.  Sadly, many things were closed, including a couple of their favorites.  However, we did everything else they love.  My friend Angelique joined us for that day, and we had a blast.

Sunday, we then headed to California Adventure.  Again, they had Mom’s favorite ride in either park closed – Soarin’ over California.  However, we had a blast anyway.  They had never been on Radiator Springs Racers, and we managed to get that ride in.  They both loved it.

There was rain in the forecast for Sunday, and as much as we need it, the timing could have been bad.  We got a little sprinkled on, but nothing too bad.  However, it really poured as we were driving home.

I’m a bit tired, and combined with the fun from the weekend has made it almost impossible to concentrate at work today.  But I did still get quite a bit done.  Mind over lack of mind and all that, right?

Oh, and Dad has been working on converting some old records to CD, and they brought me several of them.  I am loving have these songs I grew up with again.  That was an additional present to some of what I’ve already gotten and opened, and I am thrilled to get it!

No comments: