Monday, February 17, 2014

Work Update

So, it’s been a while since I’ve talked about work….

Yep, I’m still working.

A couple months back, my old boss got promoted and I got a new boss.  The transitions been interesting as I’m having to get used to a very different personality.  But either he’s mellowing or I’m getting used to it since last week wasn’t as bad.

Meanwhile, I’m still just a temp.  Been working there 17 months on Thursday, but who’s counting?  Anyway, I thought it might be wrapping up at the end of the month, but now they are talking about extending it again.

Part of me thinks I’m not going anywhere as long as I have this temp job.  But the other part of me remembers that a year ago, I felt strongly that I shouldn’t leave but instead ride this job out as long as possible.  Yes, I’m ready to be getting benefits and vacation/sick time.

Then I was also reminded this weekend of the line “Give us this day our daily bread.”  Yes, I’d love to be working at a “permanent” job where I can budget and save and plan for the future.  But God has given me a job that is meeting my daily needs.  I should be thankful and content with that instead of grumbling and complaining.


No, all this doesn’t mean I am not looking for something else, but it’s just a new perspective on how God has provided and what my attitude toward it needs to be.  So I will keep being thankful and giving it my best until God provides something else either through a great new job or the end of this one.

2 comments:

Jan in Edmonds said...

Love you attitude, Mark.

Mark Baker said...

Thanks. It's not always easy to maintain.