Monday, February 24, 2014

Winter League Game 5

After being rained out two weeks ago and having a bye last week, my winter league team was finally able to get back on the field.  Of course, I was not in my best shape since I’d met my brother and his family for dinner right before.  And we went to Souplantation where I can’t just eat a little bit.  I love their food.  And they had their Tangy Lemon muffins which are wonderful.  I had four.  (Man, now I’m hungry.)

I had a really good visit with them.  My niece was thrilled to see me and my nephew, who just turned 1, smiled at me quite a bit.  We played at a playground for a few minutes before dinner, too.  It was a nice part of the evening.

I did make it to the field before the game started, but I was full, so I know I wasn’t running my best.  Fortunately, it didn’t matter.  We scored the first goal with a quick D conversion, and that was the last time we were ahead.  The final score was 7-15, and the points were fairly short.  They were a pleasant team to play, although it would have been more fun to win.  Still, they are the second highest ranked team in our league, so it’s not a surprise at all.

Personally, I wasn’t involved in the game.  Yes, I played, but my job seemed to be to run around and keep my guy occupied.  I never really could get open and so I never got the disc.  On the plus side, I also never dropped the disc.  On defense, my guy got the disc a few times, but I was never scored on, which I consider a victory.

Really, nothing to Earth shattering.  It was nice to be back on the field, however.

No comments: