Thursday, January 03, 2013

Christmas 2012

Yes, it's still time to talk about Christmas.  After all, I haven't blogged about it yet.

I was able to go home.  My boss is great about letting me off for the holidays, which is nice since I wasn't going to miss Thanksgiving or Christmas for a temp job.  I headed up on the Saturday before Christmas and came back on Thursday.  Yes, I did work one day the week of Christmas.  I'll work 4 this week before I go back to 5 from here on out.

It was a different Christmas from previous ones.  My brother and sister-in-law were working on doing the repairs they need to do on their new home, so any spare time they were spending over there.  It meant less hang out playing games time.

But I had a great visit anyway.  I got plenty of time with my niece, which is a highlight.  Christmas day was good with family of all stripes.

Traffic was pretty bad both ways.  I wasn't too surprised it was busy on Saturday, but Thursday was a bit of a surprise.  There looked to be an accident heading north at one point, and it slowed us way down for rubber neckers going south.  Yes, it was worse the other way, but not like much.

Obviously, there are a lot of people still out there on vacation because traffic has been lighter than normal all this week heading down to work.  Certainly not complaining about that.

No comments: