Thursday, March 23, 2017

Final Winter League Bowling

One week ago tonight was the last bowling night for the winter league.  My team was fourth going into the night, and the teams were playing their nearest competitor for the final standings.  Actually, the bowling alley started out by feeding us dinner, which was nice.  Certainly a bit better than the fast food I was expecting.  Salad and vegetables, even.

So we were playing the third place team.  But depending on how well we did, we could really improve.

I started out lower than I would have liked, but I improved as the night went on.  I went up from 113 to 131 and 145 on the final game.  Ironically, the last game was the only game we lost.  The other team we were playing improved, and their star bowler improved significantly.  It was impressive to watch her bowling.  If only we weren’t playing her.

Actually, the second place team didn’t do much better against the first place team.  Since we were all right there in our win/loss ratios, we wound up getting second.  Even better, we got trophies for second, so I now have two bowling trophies!

Sign ups for the spring league were this last Monday.  Unfortunately, I took the day off.  They also try to rotate in people who haven’t gotten to participate yet.  Between the two, I’m a sub for the spring league.  Based on how things go, I’ll probably get to bowl most weeks, it will just be on a different team each time.  It would be nice to have a team and be able to bowling for standings again, but I’ll get to really meet and interact with more people this way.  And if I’m not bowling?  I can go home early and get a run in on Thursday.  After all, I’ve got to start training for mud runs now that it is spring.

No comments: