Monday, February 15, 2016

10 Years

I didn’t get the chance to write this post last week, so we are slightly past the 10 year mark at this point, but I still want to commemorate it.

10 years ago, I was recovering from what would turn out to be the first of three surgeries that year.  I never healed right after the first one, and it wasn’t until the third, late in September, that I actually recovered.  It was a long road and one that I am very glad to be looking at in the rear view mirror.  If you want to read about it, you can head back through the archives to 2006.

It is amazing to me just how much I have recovered.  A couple of years later, I spent six months doing Crossfit (and wish I could find an inexpensive way to go back to doing two or three days a week).  Obviously, in 2010, I started running and doing mud runs.  While I wouldn’t say I’m in the best shape of my life, I’m certainly in much better shape than I was that year.

And it was a long year.  When you are constantly sick and not really getting better, it is discouraging.  But God brought me through and now I’m on the other side marking an anniversary.

In some ways, it is very hard to believe it’s been 10 years.  So much of that year is so vivid in my mind.  In other ways, when I think about all that has happened in the previous decade, it’s easy to believe it was 10 years ago.

Here’s to another healthy decade.

No comments: